Friday, January 18, 2013

TOP and Certica Orr "Apologise" or be Sued .


Certica Williams Orr Candidate for Plymouth/Goldenlane
Tobago House of Assembly (THA) liaison officer Moses Thomas is demanding an unequivocal public apology within 48 hours from Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) candidate for Plymouth/Goldon Lane Certica Williams-Orr for statements made at a public meeting at Mt Moriah.
Williams-Orr claimed Moses, who had made a complaint to the Integrity Commission with respect to Ashworth Jack's house, was out on bail on fraud charges. She also said he was a beneficiary of a contract which was not tendered for to the tune of $75,000 to "cut, clear and remove bush, clean and unclog drains at Milford Court".

"Let me make it abundantly clear, I have no fraud charges, I am not out on bail. I am a happy young man, living comfortably, working very hard. I have my own business. I didn't take pumpkin and cucumber to build my house," Thomas stated yesterday. He said if there was no public apology within the stipulated time, "is races to the courthouse".

He said he had asked his attorney to write to the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago to obtain a copy of the tape from the radio station which aired the comments. "I am going to sue Certica Orr and the entire TOP," he said, adding that he was not prepared to let this matter pass like this.

He said he was part of a company, R and M Sanitation and General Contracting Company, which he tendered for three micro projects in Milford Court and got those projects since 2008. He said he was a partner in the business and became full owner of the company in 2012.

"Tell the TOP that if they want war, I will fight from top to bottom every one of them... Tell Certica when she wants to talk about people, let her talk to her leader first. Unless and until he could tell the people of Trinidad and Tobago how he got his house, how he built it, who the materials came from, where the monies came from... leave me alone. They barking up the wrong tree," Thomas said.
Also contacted yesterday for comment on Williams-Orr's statements about him, Goslyn Loraine said he was not disturbed by her statements.

"My record speaks for itself," he said, adding that he was not a candidate in the THA election.
He said when he wrote to the Integrity Commission on Ashworth Jack's property, he was merely exercising his right as a citizen of this country.

"I think I am an old household name in Tobago and co-ordinator of URP for the past five years," he said.

He said there were no incidents to support the charge Williams-Orr made about his running of the URP on the island.

Reproduced from Trinidadexpress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for TobagoDaily

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday