Wednesday, August 12, 2015

ELECTION CORNER: ILP names Tobago candidates

The Independent Liberal Party (ILP) has announced Paul Peters, of Mt Marie in Scarborough, and Porsher Powder, of Delaford, as its candidates for the Tobago West and East electoral districts as the September 7 General Election fast approaches.

Peters, who has taken on the mantle as the ILP Tobago spokesperson since last week’s resignations of the executive and members, told Newsday he and Powder have been selected and their candidacy were announced on Wednesday evening at a public meeting held in Trinidad.

“The candidates were announced in Cumuto/Manzanilla on Wednesday evening.

Porsher Powder was announced for the East and myself, Paul Peters for the West.
“Plans are afoot and we are now making some finalisations within in party in terms of the way forward,” he explained.

Peters said he has every confidence he will win the seat come September 7 as he has bought into the vision of his political leader, Jack Warner.

“I am looking at a vision. I feel it is very; very important to give Tobagonians an alternative as I believe what is missing from our politics today is vision.

This country needs a National vision, meaning regardless of who comes; the vision continues rather than restarts.

My support for Mr Warner is solid,” he said.
Questioned regarding the reported resignations of 387 members from the Tobago arm of the party, Peters said he was in shock.

“I was shock. I am an ILP member, and remain an ILP member, I have not resigned nor have I expressed interest in doing so. I am yet to see those resignations, neither have they reached the head of the party,” Peters said.

He added that to him, there are no setbacks within the party.


Excerpt from T&T Newsday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for TobagoDaily

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday