Sunday, August 5, 2012

Olympic Monitor: Thompson 7th , Usian Bolt Runs New Olympic Record

In one of the most electrifying race of all time, the 100 meter Finals at the London Olympics did not fail to feature the 'Top Guns'. Lineing up were Usian Bolt, Tyson Gay, Asapa Powell, Justing Gatling, Yohan Blake, Ryan Bailey, Churandy Martina and our very own Richard Thompson. However, Bolt outraced his opponents, winning in an Olympic-record 9.63 seconds crushing his own 9.68 set back in 2008 Beijing Games. Yohan Blake’s cupped silver in  9.75, while the United States sprinter Justin Gatlin grabbed bronze in  9.79.

Trinidad and Tobago's silver medalist 2008 Richard Thompson could only place 7th with a 9.98 in front of an "injured" Asafa Powell of Jamaica clocking 11.99.

There could be no stopping the King of track, Bolt emphatically confirmed his status, ans set his name above all as the greatest sprinter in history as he retained his Olympic 100m title in peerless fashion.

Making history again he now holds the three fastest times in the 100 meters. Bolt in an interview stated "I was happy when I went out in the first round, I felt I could do this. I was slightly worried about my start. I didn't want to false start again so I sat in the blocks a little bit.
"It wasn't the best reaction in the world but I executed it and that was the key. My coach said 'stop worrying about the start because the best part of your race is the end'. It worked.
"I said it on the track, people can talk, but when it comes to championships it is all about business for me and I brought it. It was wonderful. I knew [the crowd] would be like this, I can feel that energy and I am extremely happy."

Its seems that there is no stopping this superman. For Trinidad and Tobago its back to the drawing board. We salute our athletes for their enormous efforts and we join in the celebration of our Caribbean brothers.

All Hail the King of Track, Usian Lightening Bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for TobagoDaily

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday