The United States Embassy in Port of Spain has implemented a new non-immigrant visa application and appointment system.
In a release last Wednesday, the embassy said the new process will allow qualified applicants to waive the interview process at the Consular Section when they go to renew tourist, business, or crew visas within 12 months of the expiration of their previously-held visas.
A personal appearance for qualified applicants whose ten fingerprints are already on record may also be waived.
The Consular Section will also be waiving the personal appearance requirement for children under age 14 and for applicants over age 80 who meet specific requirements.
The application fee will remain US$160 (TT$1,030.80).
With only one payment, the following services are now provided to all applicants:
• Visa appointment scheduling online at http://usvisa-info.com or through a new call centre
• Visa fee collection at over 20 Trinidad and Tobago Scotiabank locations using Trinidad and Tobago dollars
• Delivery of visas within Trinidad and Tobago at no additional charge
The new process for applying for a visa is as follows:
1) Complete an online visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
2) Visit http://usvisa-info.com to enroll and print your payment slip to bring to Scotiabank to pay your visa fee
3) Return to http://usvisa-info.com or call (868) 224-3099 after you have paid your fee and sign up for an appointment
4) Come to the US Embassy for your interview at your confirmed time slot
5) If your visa is approved, your passport will be returned to you at no additional cost by DHL
For complete details on how to apply for a non-immigrant US visa, visit the new information and appointment web-site: http://usvisa-info.com or call (868) 224-3099 to reach the call centre.
The telephone information service will be open for extended business hours from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
For more information, see http://usvisa-info.com, the US Embassy webpage at http://trinidad.usembassy.gov/;
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ttusa; or Twitter @USinTT.