Monday, June 9, 2014

Car Slams Into House at Mason Hall-Tobago

House of the Rogers, which was broken to pieces yesterday by a
car which slammed into their house. Photo by Whithfield Turner
TWENTY-NINE-year-old Esla Rogers, who is seven months pregnant, suffered minor injuries in an accident yesterday in Mason Hall, Tobago. Her husband, MTS employee Adrian Rogers, was also injured during the incident. 

Rogers, a seamstress, told the Express she is happy to be alive, after a car slammed into her home, shortly after 6 a.m. yesterday. 

She was in the bedroom at the time and her left leg was injured. 
Her four children escaped injury. 

Rogers, who is pregnant with her fifth child, was rushed to the Scarborough General Hospital, where she was treated and discharged. The unborn child is said to be doing well. 

Adrian Rogers, who was also injured during the incident, recounted, “I was preparing to go to work when I heard a loud bang. My room just adjacent to the sewing shop. There I heard a loud bang. Next thing you know I see my car coming up on me. I wanted to know what’s the problem. I come outside, a driver ran into the back of my 180 B there, and send the car through the building.” 

Rogers’s car crashed into his home, after a car driven by Claude Henry smashed into it. 
Tobago Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) officials told the Express it appeared the driver of the car may have fallen asleep behind the wheel. Rogers said it was a frightening experience for his family.
Car that slammed into the House at mason just around 6:30 am on
Sunday. Photo by Whithfield Turner

“Yes, my wife sustained minor injuries; she went to the hospital to assess the damage to her. Fortunately she was discharged and nothing serious happen to her. So I thankful for that also,” Rogers said. 

TEMA director Allan Stewart said his agency is working along with other State agencies to have relief items delivered to the family, and to have all occupants relocated.

Damage is still being assessed. 

“The house, based on preliminary damage assessment, sustained serious structural damage. It is very much unsafe for the residents to remain in the property,” Stewart said. 
Scarborough and Moriah police are continuing investigations into the incident.

Source:trinidadexpress

1 comment:

  1. What's up to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this website; this webpage contains
    awesome and truly fine material in support of visitors.

    my web site :: buy colon cleanse

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for TobagoDaily

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday