Monday, January 6, 2014

Calypsonian Mighty Shadow Robbed

VETERAN calypsonian Shadow has been robbed at his home at Mt. Hope in Trinidad. Thieves stole the 72-year-old singer’s SUV on Sunday.

Speaking with the media, Shadow, whose name is Winston Bailey, said, “I was just coming outside and he jump in the car and drive off. I went in the yard and somebody rushed past me and jump in the car and lock the door and I tried to lock the gate. I just want it back.”

He said amidst the confusion in trying to ensure the thief did not escape with his vehicle he heard gunfire. He added: “I am glad to be alive. I heard shots fired and am lucky to be here. There is plenty confusion and crazy thing. “My car gone and I can’t get it back. I hear (makes noises) all over the place and moved out the way.” 

The vehicle is a Toyota Rav 4, PCT 9861.

Shadow, who grew up in Les Coteaux with his grandparents, is currently preparing for the 2014 carnival season. He won the Road March in 1974 and 2001 with “Bassman” and “Stranger” respectively and the Calypso Monarch in 2000 with “What’s Wrong With Me” and “Scratch Meh Back”. He also won the International Soca Monarch with “Stranger” in 2001. Shadow is also the recipient of the Humming Bird Medal (Silver) in 2003. Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the vehicle can contact 555-800-TIPS or the nearest police station.

Source:tobagonews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for TobagoDaily

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday